Certified Cyber Professional
An individual can apply for Cyber Professional Certification for any of the 6 roles:
- IA Auditor
- Communications Security Officer/Crypto Custodian
- IT Security Officer/Information Security System Manager/Information Security System Officer
- Security and Information Risk Advisor
- IA Architect
At the following levels:
- Senior Practitioner
- Lead Practitioner
The three levels of certification are not cumulative, i.e. you do not need to be certified at Practitioner level to apply for the Senior Practitioner level.
It is accepted that the Practitioner and the Senior Practitioner levels are closely related. In normal
circumstances, someone will progress from Practitioner to Senior Practitioner though their usual work-related activity.
Commonly several Practitioners may work for, or under the authority of, a Senior Practitioner.
The Lead Practitioner level is different. They will work at a strategic level influencing the most senior people in their
organisation usually at Senior Management Board level. They may not hold the same level of technical skills as those working
at the Practitioner or Senior Practitioner levels. It is unlikely that an applicant will be accepted at Lead level on
experience of working at Practitioner or Senior Practitioner levels alone - they will need to demonstrate that they have
worked in the highest management levels of their organisation.
The assessment process stages will encompass:
- An online application
- A technical evaluation
- An online personal assessment questionnaire to be completed by yourself and your referees
- An interview
- Result notification
Who is the scheme for?
The CCP scheme is open to residents of the UK, working for both the public and private sectors.
Subject to successfully agreeing contract and licencing arrangements, APMG has had a proposal accepted to pilot the SIRA and IA Architect roles to residents of the USA,
Canada, New Zealand and Australia between this summer and March 2016
A look at how our online certification process works with Helen Platt
Benefits of Cyber Professional Certification
- Independent verification of your Certified Cyber Professional skills & competence
- Better matching between public sector requirements for Certified Cyber Professional expertise and the competence of individuals providing that expertise
- Cyber Professional Certification is a pre-requisite for CLAS membership
- Clearer career path development
- Formal recognition of Certified Cyber Professional skills
Why choose APMG?
- APMG has been providing certification of individuals since 1993
- APMG is accredited by the United Kingdom Accreditation Service (UKAS)
- The Certified Cyber Professional application process is entirely online
- Assessment interviews can be conducted during the day, evenings and at weekends
- Assessment interviews are conducted by telephone interview - which provides greater flexibility in dates & times and no travel is required
- No requirement for annual membership fees
If you have already registered and received your login details, use the login button above to access your application.
Applications and re-certifications in CCP roles will continue to be accepted and processed during 2020. As all role applications are welcome please do not hesitate to apply.
As previously communicated, a pilot for certification in CCP specialisms is ongoing and will continue for some months to ensure that we continue to deliver CCP appropriately. At the conclusion of the pilot, the NCSC will consider what changes might be introduced and how to communicate about these. Any changes will be phased in over time (during a transition period) and no-one will be required to hold both a role and a specialism certification for the same cybersecurity activity. All role certification periods which are in progress when changes are introduced will be honoured. Finally, we will provide periodic updates as the pilot progresses to ensure you are kept up to date, but in the meantime please continue to apply and re-certify for CCP roles.
If you have any queries about the above, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.